These points arose from Back Garden’s discussions with visitors to the consultation. The Council officials took away more specific comments on the changes to Residents Parking .
1. Have some parking areas open to both Zones D & E, for example close to Eastcott Hill so that residents have opportunities to park close to their houses but in a different zone.
2. Need to provide better access to special permits for sick or infirm residents.
3. Need to display the actual rules for residents using Council car parks overnight and beyond this revisit these rules which seem to needlessly require the purchase of a small ticket.
4. Additional members of the Greening Eastcott initiative that would provide useful extra skills and opportunities.
5. Interest in a local history project to capture the first hand experiences of residents.
6. And a final parking issue. The chicanes on Western Street etc are not to limit speed but to provide ambulance staff, and others, with access to the pavements. They are more like quaysides.
More in due course.