The object of the meeting is to start to create an environmental plan so that the efforts of individual residents can be maximised and that this part of Swindon continues to be a great place in which to live and work in the future.
Back Garden believes that there is potential for
- improving the street landscape with new planting
- community involvement in the maintenance of green spaces
- promoting energy efficiency
- renewable energy sources
- transport changes
- extra recycling schemes for example for composting and better use of food wastes
- improving the area’s potential for wildlife
- educational activity around green issues
Back Garden has invited environmental organisations and Swindon Borough Council to attend and help plan for a Green future.